Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Tonight I updated a resume, my resume. I've been fully employed for over 15 years, but I still update my resume and apply for jobs again and again. Am I unsatisfied? Frustrated? Bored? I suppose, but then again, aren't most of us?

I am (for the next three days...) directing high school and Jr. high school students as they put on Shakespeare's production of "Twelfth Night." We had a breakthrough this afternoon--we made it through the entire show. It was rough, but we made it through. We've got a lot of work to do, but I'm so impressed with the kids. They're great kids. My contributions to the overall production have been minimal at best. But they say they've had fun. Hopefully, they'll say the same thing after we're done. Wish us luck...

In other news, a childhood acquaintance passed away this week. I knew him and perhaps at one time in my live we considered each other friends. He was young (of course, young is relative...). I may not be "young" anymore and he was a year younger than me, but a man dying in his 40's is young. I hope his family is okay, his kids, his parents--both survived him. We live; we die; we remember.

Tomorrow brings works and rehearsal and a meeting with a film director and the photographer to discuss the latest on our "project." Will this film ever get made? We shall see...
Thought I'd include a short video of a nice sunset, a view I've been blessed to have this view most of my life. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment