Tuesday, April 30, 2013

And The Book Launch Is Over...


This is what I looked at for almost 10 straight hours today...my computer screen set to one website. It was a long day...

We had our book launch from noon to just before 8pm today (MDT, and as I've found out, getting the hours right is crucial in such an event...). I got on the computer a couple hours early so I was prepared. Plus, I didn't really know what an internet book launch was like, anyway.

It didn't take long for me to figure out what was happening once the launch began. Our editor, Penny was the event's MC and she did an amazing job. Each 15 minutes or so Penny announced a new contest complete with Steampunk-themed prizes. It's tough to follow along hour after hour, let alone, be in charge of everything.

I was an active participant in the launch. I tried to create challenging, but solvable questions. And since my love of audiobooks is well known and documented, the prizes I gave out (free Audible.com audiobooks...) I thought were pretty cool.

When the last of us closed the net browser containing information about our finished launch, I was one tired published author (remember--you can still buy the book: HERE...). I can only imagine what it's like to be at an actual launch with friends, family, and curious people with money stopping by. Of course, that's the goal so one day, maybe I'll find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment