Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Christmas Decor By The Floor...


Like many of you, I work in a building that's gotten into the Christmas spirit. I work for a government agency so "officially" we have no Christmas decorations in the building. They're all labeled as holiday decorations. Today on a break I checked out every floor in my building. Half of them are spruced up for the season.

The most festive floor--by far--is the 3rd. I worked on that floor once upon a time. The display in the elevator hall is beautiful. Decorations continue into into their reception area and it looks really nice. The nutcracker and reindeer really classy up the place.


The second place in our unofficial building's Christmas Decoration Contest is our main floor. There's a tall tree for every visitor and employee to enjoy. It's actually taller than the picture makes it appear, and I believe we've been told on more than one occasion that this is a Holiday Tree, not a Christmas tree.


And in third--and last--place, is the floor where I work. I know that someone actually put up this decoration and wanted it to look nice. They didn't have to do it and it's more than three of the floors have done. Somehow the recycle bins for paper (blue) and plastics (gray) don't have the same caché as a nutcracker standing on a drum and/or an adorable reindeer.


I found a Beanie Baby Santa at the D.I. last summer and he currently sits atop my computer monitor. I'm just trying to do my part.

No comments:

Post a Comment