Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Getting Close To...Goodbye


For the past thirteen, almost 14 months I've been working on an assignment and soon, the assignment will end. 

I'd like to see it not end.

Of course, I knew it would be a temporary gig--we were all told that before we began. Joining the team brought me back to a building where I worked for 10 years, lots of memories--both good and bad. I was reunited with many friends and I've enjoyed the work. We did something, as a group, not may people believed was possible. That's always a great feeling being part of a team that accomplishes great things.

At the end of 2013 about a third of the team left, their talents were needed elsewhere. I was asked to stay on board so we could finish up. Today we said goodbye to another team member and it's tough. Next week he won't be back and in another week or two, neither will I.

I suppose I should be glad that it was such a good experience for me, excited for whatever is in store for me. Still...we always seem to wish things (when they're good...) could stay that way. Then again, if nothing changed, life would get pretty boring. Here's to the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment