Monday, October 5, 2015

Two Of My Favorite People Happened To Stop By...


I can't call it "Con Crud" because I started feeling bad eight days after Salt Lake Comic Con ended. And I'm not "down-in-bed-unable-to-move-and-wishing-I-was-dead" ill. But I was feeling poorly this morning, so much so, that I decided to say home from work.

I wouldn't have guessed that two of my most favorite people in the whole wide world would drop by.

My father passed away over forty years ago and the one man who helped fill that void for me was my Uncle Arlin, my mom's brother. He and his wife Coralle stepped into our lives big time and helped give support to my mother and her three young children.

And I can't imagine my life without them.

We chatted and enjoyed each other's company. They always ask about my writing. I gave them a copy of my book. They were so grateful. But a book can in no way repay all they've done for me and my family. 

Eventually they needed to be on their way. They invited us once again to come up and spend time on their Idaho farm, and we said we really want to (because we REALLY do...). I hope we can find the time next spring or summer to make that happen. We hugged and said our goodbyes, then they drove away. It made being home sick a pretty great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment