Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Fill The Pack...A Project Of Giving


My son sent me a letter last Friday. Actually it was a birthay card. And along with a sweet message, he included a $5 bill. "Use it to help others," was his only wish.


At work wer're trying to help out others. Like many of us, at this time of year we are thinking of those less fortunate. A co-worker has taken up the challenge. She chose a charity called Fill The Pack Project for Homeless Youth and set about collecting.

We're storing the goods at work that have been donated and I snapped a few pictures of the fruits of other's generosity. We're not done--we've got a few days before we turn it over. If you'd like to help out, go: HERE. There are things that are always needed, feminine products, for example (according to my co-worker, people hardly ever donate those...) But anything and everything is appreciated.


I know it's not earth-changing, but for someone in need, it can make a huge difference. It's one of the reasons why people love this time of year, people giving what they have to others. In a few weeks our department will be onsite helping out. I know it will affect me in a positive way. How can it not?

If you want to donate, go to the website, or you can get items to me and I'll drop them off for you. We're collecting through Wednesday, December 9. Regardless, I hope you all have the opportunity to serve others during this season. It's a wonderful way to help, not just because you've helped your fellow man, but also, it benefits you as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment