Thursday, June 2, 2016

Taking Pictures...Of Flowers


What is it about flowers that make us want to look at them? I say "what makes us" but what I really mean is "what makes me," and I say "look at them" but what I really mean is "photograph them." In this digital age, I could take a thousand pictures a day (and sometimes it feels like I do...). 


This morning as I waited to get into the building where I work, I took out my camera and snapped a few shows of these cute little purple flowers. I have no idea what they are, but they were beautiful, of course.


On Monday I could have taken reams of pictures of the flowers at the cemetery. I did get one that I felt best captured the spirit of the day.


Then a few weeks ago when the irises were in bloom, I got some pictures of our purple flowers after it had rained.


There's just something about seeing a flower in bloom. We're drawn like bees. And as long as the flowers continue to be captivating and I have a camera, I'll probably be captivating their images.


No comments:

Post a Comment