Thursday, November 9, 2017

Thank You Whoever Re-Designed The iPhone Podcast App...You Basically Killed My Desire To Listen Anymore


I'm usually a "if it's improved, I like it more" kind of guy. I know I like improved electronics, even though I rarely have the ability to upgrade. I like--generally--the look of new cars, new homes, new books, and meeting new friends.

But never since someone upgraded iPhone's Podcast app, I've basically stopped listening to podcasts.


I don't know if other people are like me. When it comes to podcasts, I know the ones I like and if I like it a lot, I'll listen to every single new episode. The pre-re-designed app worked very well. Sure, it wasn't flashy, but it worked. I knew at a glance which ones I hadn't listened to, which ones I had. I also could see if I perhaps didn't want to listen to a particular podcast, I could just delete it.

It made sense.

Now it doesn't.


Now, I can't see a list of all the podcasts downloaded to my phone. It shows a list of various podcasts, some I followed religiously, some I tried once or twice then discontinued. But one of the biggest beefs I have with the new design is sometimes something goes wrong with the downloads and I will have hundreds of podcasts from one source and I have to go through each one and delete it individually. It drives me batty!

For years I've listened to a dozen podcasts each week. Now, I don't even open up the app. It's sad because I enjoyed listening to podcasts, but if it's more work than just clicking on ones I want to hear--for me, at least--I've basically just stopped. Looks like I'll have to wait for the next upgrade and hope some things are different. If so, then I'll be back on the "if it's improved, I like it more" bandwagon.

No comments:

Post a Comment