Saturday, December 16, 2017

Remembering The Past...Thanks To Facebook


Normally, when I see Facebook's reminders of posts past, I check them out, remember the picture or the post, then move on. I mean, they're nice and all, but there's little need to re-post them, at least, for me.

But today's memory reminder made me think.

To be honest, I'm not 100% sure if I told my kids what I told Facebook I said. It could have just been me trying to be silly or clever. But, I could have said to my kids that Santa does not appreciate an unclean house--so much so that he will pass by an unkempt home.

Whether they believed it, that's a whole different story.

It made me think about things I used to say to my kids. Back on December 16, 2010 my oldest child was then fifteen and my youngest was six. The concept (and threats...) concerning Santa affected them differently than they way they think of him now. And I'm betting their concept of me has changed in those years also. I definitely know the way I see them has changed. That's what time does.

Facebook, Twitter, other social media are becoming our journals, our diaries, the methods by which we store our thoughts, memories, desires, joys, and pains. It's also a way of reminding me of they person I was back then. Or at least, the person I wanted everyone to think I was. I wonder if, in seven years, I'll be shown this post. And if so, what will I think about then?

No comments:

Post a Comment