Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Fyrecon...The Sequel Is One Week Away!


Next Thursday, June 21st, the doors to Fyrecon #2, or The Sequel will open wide--will you be walking through them?

I've written a lot of blog posts about conventions, writing conventions, or comic conventions. I haven't attended a lot, but since 2013, I've attended my fair share. Some I've loved, and some I've loved even more. I've been lucky--I haven't had a bad experience at any of the cons. I've met some amazing people, and even developed some life-long friendships from these events. And hopefully, my stories have provided interesting reading material for them.

Last summer DawnRay--a person who has attended so many more conventions than me and who has "seen how they make the convention sausage"--started Fyrecon. It's unbelievable just how much work goes into running a successful convention. There's so many things to run down, to plan, to organize, to finalize, to complete. And she and her team did an amazing job pulling it together.

Fyrecon 2 starts in a week. There's an impressive line up of guests, authors, artists, video gamers, world-famous creators and first-time authors. Last year I taught a couple of classes. This year I'm helping out behind the scenes because I believe it in. I believe we need more opportunities to meet and discuss and help each other to create art.

You can get more information by clicking: HERE. I'd love for you to join us. You can make it better by attending. If you're interested in novel, short story, even screenplay writing--we've got something for you. If you want to learn about sculpting, or even learning how to use a weave on a spinning wheel--we've got you covered. 

Next Thursday, June 21st, the doors to Fyrecon #2, or The Sequel, will open wide--will you be walking through them? I hope you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment