Tuesday, November 6, 2018

Thank You Mitt...For The Reminder


I worked my ten-hour shift yesterday having cleared up all the weekend voice-mail messages during the day. I like clearing all the voice-mail messages--I feel less pressure having no one waiting for me to call them back. I usually don't get messages after I clock out so when I sat down at my desk this morning, I was a little surprised to see a voice-mail message waiting for me.

Then I played the message.

It was from Mitt Romney.

Of course, Mitt (I feel we have a first-name basis relationship now...) and I have never spoken in person, nor have we spoken over the phone. And had I been at my dest at 5:33pm on 11/5/11 and had picked up, I wouldn't have spoken to Mitt himself, but an electronic recording of the man running for US Senate in my home state.

Mitt called to remind me to make sure I submitted my ballot on time. Very thoughtful, yet hardly necessary. I took advantage of our early voting process and submitted my ballot weeks ago. Still, it's not everyday you get a voice-mail message from a multi-millionaire former US Presidential candidate.

Then again, it's highly possible I'll get another message from Mitt in six years.


No comments:

Post a Comment