Tuesday, April 2, 2019

You'd Think We Live In The Pacific Northwest...


We've had a wet year so far.

I grew up on the same street and for the life of me, I can't remember as a kid if the late winter/early springs were especially wet or not. They could have been, or they might have been dry years. I suppose I could do an internet search to know for sure (since I've got the collection of all human knowledge--or most human knowledge--at my fingertips...), but that seems like a lot of work.

This year, it's been wet. 

I like wet weather. I've made no secret of this. Too hot is too hot. I don't like it when outside inches closer to the approximate temperature of Hell. But hey...that's just me. Back in 1985 I moved to Europe for a couple of years. In preparation of this move, we were advised to bring along a raincoat--something I never see anyone wear anymore.

Turned out to be great advice.

In Denmark it rains every day, or almost every day. It's so low there the clouds fly in, rain, then rush out. This cycle goes on several times a day. A raincoat is needed. Umbrellas are nice, but hardly useful when you're doing things like...oh, riding a bike, or running to catch a train carrying a backpack full of books and such.

There are people in college right now studying weather patterns. They can look at data going back as far as records were kept. Maybe it's a trend. Maybe it's an anomaly. Maybe in the future dry late winters/early springs will be the exception. I personally don't know. 

Perhaps I should go get a raincoat...the ones at thrift stores are the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment