Sunday, December 22, 2019

Today's Christmas Music...Was Nourishment For My Soul


It was our ward Christmas program today. This was a song performed by a world-class organist, and when I say, "world-class," I mean exactly that.

It was nourishment for my soul.

In our church each congregation plans and performs their own Christmas program. Over the years, we've had some great ones. It's amazing the amount of musical talent found within the approximately one square mile in our neighborhood. Due to changes implemented this year, our program was shorter this year which means, fewer songs, shorter narrations.

That's okay--it all worked out.


The Christmas program is one of my favorites. Out of the fifty Sunday services during the year, it's in the top two. I apologize for the quality of the recording--I used my cell phone, but as I sat and listened to the incredible music, I could imagine sitting in a European cathedral, or the Tabernacle located fifteen miles to the south. Still, the equipment in our little chapel did just fine--after all, it's not necessarily the instrument, but the player.

This year's program is over. We now have to wait fifty-one weeks and we can do it all again.


No comments:

Post a Comment