Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day, 2011


As the last rays of sunlight fade into the night, the day in which we honor our moms fades with it. I think it's so appropriate that Mother's Day falls on a Sunday, a day of reflection, a holy day.


Since I began this blog several months ago, I dedicated at least two posts to my own mother. One (found: here) showed some early memories preserved in film, and the other (found: here) contained some of my thoughts as I slowly watched my mother's health deteriorate from the effects of cancer. It is one of my most-visited blog posts. I couldn't be more proud of that fact.


This Sunday we invited my in-laws over and we all enjoyed homemade strawberry shortcake. It was so, so delicious! And of course, the day would not be complete without including my thoughts of my children's mother, my wife.

It's almost an insult to the importance of motherhood that we only dedicate one day on honor to a calling each and every one of us owe our very lives to. Yesterday I took over the Saturday responsibilities my wife usually does and it wore me out. She is an amazing person and my children (even if they don't always realize it now...) are very lucky to have her as their mom. Happy Mother's Day, Sweetie!

No comments:

Post a Comment