Friday, January 6, 2017

Clearing To The Mailbox...


Much of the country is expecting snow tonight. We got ours the day before yesterday. It ended up not being a lot of snow, relatively speaking, but it hit later at night when most were already inside. When that happens, it's good for those who plow the streets because there's no cars that get in the way. We live at the end of a cul-de-sac so the plow can make a huge sweep and get to the next street as quickly as possible.


Maybe where you live, you don't get a lot of snow and your community doesn't have specific laws in place concerning the responsibilities of homeowners. We do because we get snow. I don't know the specific rules, but I know that we're supposed to shovel our sidewalks and we're to get our cars off the street to make it easier to clear the roads. I think there are specific timetables to get everything done, but I don't know what they are, only that we have to do it.


There's another rule and it may or may not be a law. We're supposed to clear the snow in front of our mailboxes. This morning I went outside and saw the ten feet or so of snow separating the plowed street and our mailbox. With shovel in hand, I began to clear.

It turned out to not be that bad, and the reason for that is the snow wasn't that deep and it wasn't that heavy. I also didn't clear the drift left the night before by the plow. I sort of made our own little drive-thru lane.

So, technically, I followed the rules.

No comments:

Post a Comment