Saturday, February 11, 2017

Attending A "Hats Off" Party...


Tonight the theater where I've been spending so much time lately held a party. They do it every year and every year (in which I've been in a show...) I've been invited. Tonight was the first time I've been able to attend. It's usually held at the same time as a certain writing symposium held in Utah County.


The invitation said semi-formal, but most were dressed to the nines. It's fun to get all gussied up sometimes, I guess.  Everyone seemed to be having a great time. At various locations in the lobby and upstairs there were food and drink stations, each with a theme from a show form 2016. Very creative, but what do you expect from a bunch of artists and performers?


There's mingling, noshing, catching up, then everyone goes into the main theater for a program. I needed to cut the evening short so I missed out on the program, but I've heard it's a lot of fun as well. I toted my camera around with me and took a few pictures. I could, and probably should, have taken more pictures, but it was fun to mingle, nosh, and catch up.


Tonight was a really nice thing for the theater's board of directors to do for us. They don't have to, but I'm glad they do. The performers on stage do all they can to make the event special for the audience, for each and every one of them. Tonight, that's what they did for us. It is appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment