Saturday, February 4, 2017

Those Addictive Smartphone Games...


I don't play a lot of smartphone games, and by "not a lot" I mean, I don't play a lot of different games, only a couple, actually. There's a solitaire game, and...well, that was about it. I know there's a lot of addictive smartphone games out there. Back in the day I geeked out on Angry Birds and all of its incarnations. It was fun, but then it wasn't. I also used to play Simpson's Tapped Out way too much. That relationship ended as well, which left me and solitaire to be friends once again.

I do have friends that play these bubble-bursting games and I know they're addictive. I never tried Candy Crush or the others. But then I found Angry Birds Blast. Yes, a bubble-bursting game.


These games are different. For one, you can't just play and play--there are actual time limits. You can keep playing as long as you clear the levels. I'm not that good. And another way to continue playing whenever you want is to pay. Yes, it's a pay to play format. Since I'm very cheap when it comes to these games, I'm at the mercy of my video game skills, which are less than stellar. Plus, the game rewards you for watching ads. That's something I haven't experienced before. If you don't clear the level, you can watch a short video and you'll get some help. Pretty sly.

But, in a way, this is a good thing. It keeps me from playing all day and whenever I want. And as almost everyone knows, time spent playing games on your phone can be better spent doing almost anything else. I wonder how long it will take for me to not enjoy this one. Time will tell. I do know, however, that if and/or when that time comes, solitaire will be waiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment