Saturday, July 15, 2017

Saturday In The Park...With Family


Usually, when someone suggests leaving the comfort of my air-conditioned home during July, I turn them down. I mean, who wants to be outside feeling like your skin is melting off your bones?

Not me.

But, when family is in town, perspectives change. 


This afternoon we loaded up the van (and a couple of more cars...) and drove up Mueller Park Canyon in the hills above Bountiful Utah. We unloaded people, firewood, and fixins for a cookout.

Utah is an amazing place. If you're an outdoorsy person, there are few places better to live in than Utah. Golf, ski, bike, run, hike, snowshoe, camp--the state's got it all. And if Brigham Young's original state boundaries had stayed in place, Utah would have San Diego's beaches as well.


This afternoon was a treat, and I'm not talking about my double s'more. We chatted, shared, learned about how the families are doing and plans for the future. This is my wife's family, a group of people who have welcomed me as one of their own to which I am eternally grateful.

No, normally I'd consider turning down a request to have dinner--cooked by an open flame, no less--in the middle of July. But today I said yes. And I'm glad I did.





No comments:

Post a Comment