Sunday, August 27, 2017

Happy One-Year Birthday Immortal Works...Here's To Many Many More!


Last Friday night, a few of us involved in Immortal Works Press gathered at a park in Salt Lake City to celebrate a milestone.

It was a birthday party.

Immortal Works Press turned one and we got together to get to know each other better, to talk about books scheduled for release, and to basically have a good time. 

Mission accomplished.


My wife and I went for our Date Night. I think almost every author published, or waiting to be published was there. Better yet, almost all the authors are my friends. Not only am I excited about my own book being released, but also those of my friends. I'm honored to be included among such great writers and great people.


After catching up, running some business past the founder, and enjoying each other's company, my wife and I took off--we couldn't stay the whole time. As we left the park I thought about just what a huge undertaking it was to begin a new publishing company, what an accomplishment this party represented. There's risk, sure, but to have actually done it, that's something. People many times talk about doing something like this. Musician friends talk about starting a band, food lovers talk about opening a restaurant, and writers talk about starting their own publishing company, But they actually did it, not just talk about it.


Happy birthday, Immortal Works Press! I know you're new, but you're growing quickly. I sincerely hope that one day I'll be able to tell my grandchildren that I attended Immortal Works first birthday party and they will be impressed because those birthday parties will still be going on.

No comments:

Post a Comment