Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Helping The Daughter With Her Career...


My daughter asked us for help preparing a video resume for a gig that's coming up next month. She's choosing a career of performing and nowadays, sending video auditions seems to be all the rage. She needed to include a regular resume, a monologue, a dramatic scene, and video of her dancing.

After a few hours, we got them all.

I've done one video audition in my life. It wasn't good, but good enough for me to get a part in the show. This is the second time my daughter has prepared a video audition. Earlier this year she did another one--not for a job, but to get into a college program. She got into the program, so she's one-for-one, with another one pending.

My daughter's first acting gig happened when she was only six-years old. She even got a solo and even though I know my bias is showing, she nailed it. She and I have been doing shows ever since. We're currently in the same show right now, Centerpoint Legacy Theatre's Pirates of Penzance. It's a great show and I'm fortunate to be included in the cast.

The video audition and resume are due tomorrow. Tonight she'll send it off. Will it be good enough? Time will tell. She knows the people involved in the show and, more importantly, they know her. She's chosen a tough career as far as rejection goes. It's more common I believe than getting the part. It just makes the times when you nail an audition and are found to be just the one they were looking for that much sweeter.

Tonight we helped her get everything together. We didn't do much--she pretty much did it all. I can only hope whatever the outcome, she'll be a better person when it's all said and done.

No comments:

Post a Comment