Wednesday, October 17, 2018

When You Combine Kurt Russell, Disneyland, And The Osmond Brothers...You Get An Awesome YouTube Video!


I listened to a podcast today, Adventure is Out There! from my friends, Mo and Zack. You can access their podcast: HERE. They talk about Disney, travel, and Disney travel. I've only been to Disneyland three times in my entire life, but I find the podcast interesting.

In today's podcast they talked about Disneyland's Haunted Mansion. It's one of my favorite rides. It was in that podcast they discussed a YouTube video that featured the Haunted Mansion. It also featured Kurt Russell and the Osmond Brothers. 

I just had to watch it. 


I didn't realize the video was the entire Wonderful World of Disney episode that aired back in 1970. It was a blast from the past--literally. At my part-time gig we discussed watching the show every Sunday night. It was something everyone did. I don't remember watching this particular episode, though. I think I would have remembered watching the Osmonds on national TV.


If you want to watch the episode, I highly recommend it. You can access the YouTube video: HERE. It's campy, cheesy, and definitely dated. It begins with Kurt Russell finding the Osmond Brothers and making sure they're ready for the evening's concert. They also run into E. J. Peaker (Minnie Fay from Hello Dolly...). Soon the brothers become separated in a park with 50,000 people. Will the brothers find each other in time? Will the concert be a success? Can Kurt Russell sing? You'll have to watch to find out.


After the concert everyone checks out the Haunted Mansion, Donny's favorite ride. It would have recently opened back then and the episode was a way to showcase the new ride including some "behind-the-scenes" footage. The show also showcases the rest of the park as much as possible, as well as inserting musical numbers from the brothers and from Ms. Peaker.


I first went to Disneyland back in 1974, the year my father passed away. I don't remember much, but what I do remember about the park I saw on that video. It was a fun thing to watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment