Wednesday, August 9, 2023

Sometimes, When You're Photographing Clouds, You Get...Lucky


 I saw the cloud rising in the eastern sky while in the backyard with the dog. It rose above the house, and because of the time of day, the sun lit up the whites in the cloud like a lighthouse. I took a picture of it, because I thought it looked like the Matterhorn. After bringing in the puppy, I decided to check out the cloud, but from an unobstructed viewpoint. What I saw, well...

It was sort of amazing.

The cloud had changed, morphed, evolved, until it became a mythical creature, a dominant force exploding over the mountain, an etherial overlord of all below. I took out my phone and snapped more pictures.

Sometimes, you get lucky.

I posted one of the shots on social media identifying a dragon overtaking Tremonton, Utah. I saw the dragon, the head, even the wings clearly visible. A friend said to him the cloud formation looked like a pegasus. I can definitely see it. 

It was fun capturing the evolution, seeing it form almost in front of me. There's been many times when I'm driving and I'll see a cloud formation above, and because I'm driving, I can't photograph it. It's still a joy to see the shapes that remind you of something, be it an animal, a person, a building, or if you're lucky...

A dragon...

Or a pegasus.

No comments:

Post a Comment