Sunday, October 8, 2023

Give Thanks...For "Tesla V Cthulhu" And Friends With Talent

 

Tonight I finished listening to an original musical, Tesla V Cthulhu. It's been a long time since I've listened to an original musical. It left me in awe.

People throw the term "original" around liberally these days, or so it seems. But, when I say the musical is original, that's exactly what I mean. There's nothing out there like it.

I've blogged about Craig Nybo before. He's the writer and producer of this musical. Without knowing for sure, Craig was most likely more than just the writer and producer. He was in charge of all aspects of the project. He hired the talent, he recorded all the music and the dialogue, he juggled people's schedules, he put out fires, and he was the head cheerleader. If you know Craig, you can see his fingerprints on everything.

The musical is broken down into three podcasts currently playing on the Terrible Lies podcast. You can access and hear the episodes for yourself by clicking: HERE. The story is pretty much what you would expect from a title like, Tesla V Cthulhu. There's witches, fantastical creatures, curses, promises made and broken, and lightning...lot's of lightning. In addition to the spoken dialogue complete with sound effects, the music is what takes center stage. I listened to the earlier episodes the same way I listened to the last one...amazed at the talent of my friend. My mind reels thinking about trying to successfully write one song, let alone enough to complete a musical.

It's evident Craig's finished work will not appeal to everyone...the title of the musical says as much. I know many of my friends will enjoy it, especially because of the title and subject matter. I'm thankful there are people out there willing to put in the hard work to create art. I'm thankful for the art they create. I'm thankful I can call these amazing people friends. Well done, Craig and everyone who worked on the project. It's awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment