Saturday, April 13, 2024

Truthfully...I'd Say I'm Pretty Lucky


 I saw it. I picked it up. The old adage came to mind and in that instant, I agreed...

I'm pretty lucky.

Of course, luck is all about how its defined, and perhaps more importantly, who is doing the defining. I think on most accounts, I'm lucky. At birth I was placed into an amazing family and I've known wonderful people all my life. Yes, many have now passed including my mother, father, and little sister, but my childhood was filled with incredible adventures. No, we didn't have the most money back them, but we had the things we needed.

I've grown up, got married, had children, have a grandson, been relatively healthy my whole life, been employed almost full-time since after high school. It's like my whole life I've found pennies all over the place.

It's about perspective.

Like everyone, I can look back on my life and the life I'm living now and get depressed. I could blame growing up without a father for problems. I could blame my birth parents for putting me up for adoption. I could blame other people for other issues in my life. It's human nature to do so.

I don't mean to imply that I'm always positive, always taking the blame for the bad times that come along in my life. I'm not. I still get bummed every now and again, but if I change the perspective, I cannot stay that way. I mean, I sometimes forget the perspective thing and am still down, but if my logical mind wins out, I realize just how lucky I've been my entire life.

Yeah, I picked up the penny, even though...

I didn't need to.

No comments:

Post a Comment