Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Daniellle Feinberg's Ted Talk...Sometimes It's What You Don't See


I'm a fan of Ted Talks, not all of them, of course, but most. And even though I don't always agree with what's being said, I applaud the format. We need more communication, not less in the world today. Ted Talks help with that.

But earlier this week, I watched a talk given by Danielle Feinberg. I've never heard of Danielle Feinberg before, which is the case with most of the speakers. This alone will not make me listen to, or reject a talk. When I read the title of the talk, The Magic Ingredient that Brings Pixar Movies to Life, oh, I HAD to watch that one.


Danielle's talk included all of what you'd expect from a Ted Talk about Pixar. She talked about the challenges and the rewards. She talked about personal moments for her that made all the hard work worth it.


But there was something else that I noticed, something I rarely notice when I watch these things. I noticed how much I was smiling as I watched her talk. And the reason I noticed this is because occasionally there would be shots of the audience watching the same talk that I was watching.


And what were those audience members doing while they listened? They were smiling. I realized they were smiling for the same reason I was--because of the way those movies have made us feel. This made me realize the power Danielle and Pixar has in our lives. We've allowed them to become part of us, the best part. Those stories are more than just films that sit in DVD cases on our shelves at home. They're like good friends that we turn to because of the way they make us feel. To be able to do that for others...what a gift that would be.


You can watch Danielle's Ted Talk: HERE. If you've seen it maybe you know what I'm talking about. If you haven't seen it, it's twelve minutes long and I can almost guarantee, if you watch it, you'll be smiling, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment