Thursday, April 28, 2016

Up On The Roof...


Last weekend I did something I don't do much...I climbed out on our roof so I could clean the rain gutters. Now, is it the climbing out on the roof that I don't do much or cleaning the gutters?

Both, actually. 


I'm not one for heights. When I was a child I was high up on a ladder. The support that held it up slipped and I fell straight down. It was the only time I've ever had a broken bone. I can't remember if the height thing resulted from that or if I had it before. So when I climb out on the west side roof on our house, it's a bit unnerving. 


We used to climb up on the roof of my parent's house all the time. It's not as steep as ours and it's a lot bigger. I never got close to the west side of the house on that one either.

People write about being up on roofs. I can imagine they are writing about the flat kind, where they can see an incredible sights. And even though I don't like being up on roofs, I can't deny the views almost make it whole experience worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment