Thursday, April 21, 2016

NHL Play-Offs...Good Times


Growing up, I can't really remember watching a lot of hockey on TV.

But I remember watching almost every other sport on TV. That's because when I was a kid, there was only three channels and when sports came on those three channels we watched it. I remember watching alpine skiing (and it wasn't even the Olympics...), auto racing, golf, tennis, and even bowling. Yes, we watched competitive bowling.

And we liked it.


But I don't remember watching hockey. Maybe there wasn't a lot of hockey on TV back then. I don't know. Fast forward four decades and I still don't watch a lot of hockey, but there's something that happens during the play-offs that make the games so much fun to watch. I can't bring myself to watch during the regular season. Play-offs are a different story.

I don't know any of the players. I don't have any favorite teams. I don't really care who wins it all, but if I'm home at night and a game is on, I'll probably check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment