Tuesday, April 5, 2016

When Sick...What Do I Really Need?


Because we're human and not immortal, we get sick, and sometimes the timing is not optimal. Of course, there's never a good time to not feel well, but some times are worse than others.

For the past several days I've been "under the weather," which is an odd phrase considering weather is something that takes place in the air and the air is above us (unless there exists weather systems that operate from ground level to between three to eight feet that I don't know about...).

But I digress.

Last week I began a new part-time job. It's been fun, but also tiring conditioning my body to put in more work after my usual ten-hour shifts end. I'm sure it will be easier once I learn all the new things about the job and get used to the work. But throw an illness into the mix and all bets are off.

Yesterday I came to work (at my full-time job...) hoping I could get through the day. I slept a lot on Sunday, so much so, that my "not-sleeping-so-well" Sunday night might be offset. Maybe it did--all I know is yesterday things were tough. The building was even having one of its famous "temperature issues" where it adapts from winter to summer. To everyone else on the floor, it was uncomfortably warm. I wore a jacket.

Yesterday, after eight hours I decided to go home and get some sleep. I also decided to not set my alarm this morning to sleep in (both decisions were supervisor approved...). The difference this morning was amazing! I'm not 100%, but much better than yesterday or the day before. Maybe talking all the medications helps. Maybe the illness that I had is winding down. But I think the best thing I did to make myself feel better is to just get some rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment