Wednesday, July 7, 2021

I Live In...Americana


 The other day I stepped outside and looked north. I saw three homes, and three flag poles on which hung four flags...three of which were American flags--the third flag is hard to spot...it's above the bed of the truck.

I live in Americana.

I also live in an instant neighborhood. The house farthest away was the first to be built. I think it was built in 2019. The other two were built last year...as we ours. There are three houses behind ours that are being built right now with dozens more planned. Like I said, instant neighborhood. We spoke to the family developing the entire hillside. They said they couldn't sell anything in 2019. That changed the next year.

The three homes have new yards with new grass, new fences, new landscaping. In one house lives a young family with small kids. The other house has an older couple, and the last are recent retirees. We live in a small neighborhood in a small town in Northern Utah. We've come from all over, lured by cheap(er) land and home costs, clean air, wide streets, and almost non-existent traffic.

As more and more people come and build and live and put down roots, there'll be more lawns, more streets, more sprinklers, and more flags...

American, and otherwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment