Monday, April 18, 2022

Patpet Dog Collars...Interesting


 It's an interesting invention.

I suppose gadgets like this have been on the market for years, but I've not seen one this close up until yesterday. We went to Easter dinner at my brother and sister-in-law's house and they have one for their new puppy.

The term, "shock collars," for me has such a negative connotation. The collar my brother bought does more than just shock a pooch. According to the product website--if you're interested, you can access the page: HERE--the collar can be used for a multitude of things.

This particular model has:

  • 150M (492ft) Remote Training Range
  • Easy to use with blind operation design
  • For one dog, expandable to 2 dogs
  • Standard tone, 8 levels vibration & 16 levels safe static training modes
  • LCD display showing battery and stimulation levels
  • 2h rapid charging lithium battery, up to 60days-remote/30days-receiver standby time
  • IPX7 waterproof receiver

I don't know what all this means other than it's impressive. I did a little research on the vibrating mode. Apparently, if your dog has a less than severe barking problem, try the vibrating mode to help train your pet. I never new they had that.

Needless to say, the collars are as high-tech as possible, and this particular brand ranges from just over $46 to just under $150.

Will I ever get one? We've had two dogs in our family, both were barkers and we never purchased one, mostly because we're cheap, but there's that stigma...do we want to use a shock collar? As with most things, time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment