Tuesday, October 15, 2019

Riding A Bike...At Work


Back when I was in college, I used to ride a bike to work, from Farmington to Salt Lake, or from Salt Lake to Farmington. I was in much better shape back then. I know lots of people who bike to work. I'm now able to bike at work (while on breaks, of course...).

I remember driving out to the Salt Lake valley somewhere years ago and picking up a bike stand, one of the few things I bought off of KSL Classifieds. I thought it was such a cool thing--you automatically have an exercise bike and you don't even have to buy a bike. It's like being able to drive your car in your own home.

I brought in my mountain bike, put it in the basement, hooked up the contraption, and went to town.

Then, I forgot about it.

When I created an office in the basement last year, we had to clear out stuff to make space for the desk and computer. Out went the bike and the stand. They've sat in our outdoor shed for a year. 


Until now. 

Last week, I noticed the stand and wondered if I ought to bring it back inside. I really didn't have much to lose. If I didn't use it, I could always haul it back outside. It's been setup for a week. I've used it twice. That doesn't seem like a lot, but it's the most I've used it in the last six or seven years. And I never ride the bike outside anymore, so at least, I'm getting some use out of both the bike and the stand.

I do have exercise time at work. I plan on using this as a way to get more exercise time in. Will it last? I hope so...ask me how things are going in a year's time. Who knows? I may just get back into shape after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment