Thursday, May 11, 2023

I Didn't Think About What Day It Was...Until I Saw The Sign


 My wife and I went out for dinner last Friday. We decided to hit up the local Taco Time. If you're unfamiliar with the franchise, it's Mexican food, but not really. It's more American/Mexican...sort of like Taco Bell, but without the hype. We pulled into the parking lot thinking we'd hit the drive-thru...

Nope--too many cars.

We parked the van and went inside to order. That's when I noticed the sign, "Cinco de Mayo, $1 Off, Soft Taco.

Apparently, we weren't the only ones who thought we'd celebrate Cinco de Mayo by taking in some Mexican food (except it's not really Mexican...).

We don't go there that often. It's a few miles away from other fast food places so we're usually too hungry to drive the extra clicks for Taco Time food, so when I saw all the cars, I didn't know if it was usually that busy on a Friday night. After we placed the order, I asked the worker if it was always that busy on a Friday night. I was told it was a little busier than normal because of the holiday.

Funny thing is, we didn't order the soft taco, so didn't really take advantage of the sale...such is life sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment