Sunday, July 7, 2024

Give Thanks...Home-Baked Cookies


 A few weeks ago we had some neighbors over and my wife tried a new cookie recipe. Needless to say, her cookies were a complete success. They were light, fluffy, and full of delicious creamy filling. It got me thinking...

Are home-baked cookies better than store-bought?

Years ago, back when my brother and I were in high school (we're talking over four decades ago...), my mom used to bake cookies all the time. In fact, many of my friends, as well as my brother's friends, distinctly remember those cookies. Yes, they were Nestle Tollhouse cookies, but I know I didn't care. And based on the fact that those friends still remember my mom tells me they didn't care, either--we just remember they were delicious.

Things have changed. My kids have all grown, but even during their high school years, we didn't have friends over all the time. I'm not saying my brother and I were popular, but I'm also not saying it, either. If you were to ask my kids's friends what they remember about our house, their answers would be different.

I'm thankful for my wife's home-baked cookies. I'm thankful for the memories associated with them and the memories from my mom. After all, dDoesn't life seem better with a plate of freshly-made home-baked cookies?

I think you know the answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment