Thursday, July 11, 2024

New Word Processor...Yeah, Right - IYKYK


 I made a purchase last month. It's an electronic device that does many things. I posted a picture of it as my Pic Of The Day telling everyone I bought a new word process.

I mean, I wasn't lying.

The thing is like a mini-laptop without a keyboard or mouse. It's called a Steam Deck. Steam is known not for word processing. It's known for video games. I bought an incredibly high-tech Gameboy.

My son is a video game developer, among other things. I wanted to help out my son and his work. When I posted the picture, I wondered what kind of responses I would get on social media. It was one of those "if you know, you know" situations. I had a few people comment basically saying, "That's nice." Then, I got the gamers. They posted laughing emojis or even a wink emoji. 

They understood.

I'll be many of those who knew what it was probably have their own Steam Decks.

To be honest, there are several small hand-held word processors out there. I know several authors who have them. They're basically a keyboard, a hard drive, and a screen. Writers apparently love them. They can thrown them in their bags or backpacks and take their WIPs to the mountains, the beach, or anywhere. So, I can imagine people thinking this may have been something like that.

Nope.

It's mostly for video games. 

Yes, I can take it to the mountains, the beach, or anywhere and do some writing. The question is...

Will I? Because I know I should.

No comments:

Post a Comment