Thursday, September 9, 2021

Larry And Steve's Writer Dojo Podcast...For Me--Inspiring


 One of the things that makes podcasts so amazing is that they offer information directly to those wishing to know more about a certain subject. Case in point, podcasts for writers. Over the years I've tried several writing podasts and unfortunately, I've unsubscribed to most of them. It's not that there's anything wrong with them--I think I get bored. Maybe that's because I'm not putting in a lot of my time into writing right now, so I'm not running into situations where podcast wisdom is what I need to hear.

I found out that two local authors, Larry Correia and Steve Diamond, had started up a new podcast called Writer Dojo, I decided to give it a shot. I'm glad I did.

The podcast is new--so far, there's only four episodes out as of this posting. I'm not sure how they'll fair as time goes on. And, there is a lot of the information I've already heard. That happens when you know an author for almost a decade and have heard him speak about writing several times. Still, there's something about knowing an author, having had dinner with him at a Brazilian BBQ joint or lunch in the FanX green room, that makes hearing what they have to say somewhat more interesting.

Because I've heard at least Larry speak several times, and Steve a few, I know much of their history and the authors have chosen to include much of how they got into the industry in their early episodes. Sometimes, hearing how a person arrived at where they are in their industry is as helpful as other words of wisdom they provide.

In the four episodes of Writer Dojo I have found myself inspired, inspired to go and edit something I finished earlier and haven't touched in a while, inspired to try and come up with something new. If you'd like to check out the podcast yourself, click: HERE.

Maybe that's why they other writing podcasts have become dead to me...they didn't inspire, not like Larry and Steve's have done for me so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment