Tuesday, November 21, 2023

It's That Time Of Year Again...


I wonder how many of my neighbors participated this year. I wonder the same thing almost every year, especially on off-season elections, and you can't get any more "off-season" than this year.

On our ballot we picked those running for city council. That's it. No bond issues, no judges trying to keep their jobs, no mayors/congresspeople/senators.

Still, there's something about filling out the ballot and dropping it off, or standing in front of a voting machine to cast my decision that makes the process exciting. Maybe I'm weird that way.

One thing I learned today that I did not know before is they have in-person voting in our little hamlet. Because of covid and the nightmare it caused with elections, I thought they had eliminated in-person voting and just mailed out ballots. When I went to drop off our already filled out ballots, I went inside and that's where I saw several ladies sitting around a table waiting for voters.

I asked and they answered...they were there for those wanting to vote on election day.

I dropped off the ballots and took a couple of "I Voted" stickers...you know, as proof that we voted. It's election day and I feel good about taking part...

Again.



No comments:

Post a Comment