Friday, November 24, 2023

Truly Blessed...


 Like millions of others, we gathered yesterday and broke bread with family. We did more than eat, of course. The day is more than the sum of its parts.

It's Thanksgiving.

My wife and I were fortunate enough to have our four children, two children-in-laws, and the grandbaby attend. We also had my son-in-law's family all meet at my wife's mother's house. After the big meal, we gathered for a photo...to preserve the moment in pictures. 

I'm appreciative of photos. 

It's a snapshot of time, of the event that brought us together. When I look at the photo, I wonder how life will change in the upcoming twelve months. The grandbaby will look/act/sound much different. He'll be running around getting into things, as toddlers are wont to do. The rest of us will be a year older as well.

God willing, we'll all be around to celebrate, whether we gather at the same place or not. God willing our health will hold--maybe even improve, though statistics say otherwise. Will I be able to look at these pictures at next year's Thanksgiving and smile at the wonderful memories created, or will will the picture mean more, will it show more?

Time will tell.

We had a wonderful day, stress free (except if you count stress on clothing...), full of great food and good times. When I look at these photos I'm reminded yet again how blessed I truly am.

No comments:

Post a Comment