Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Beards...And All That They Entail


I've made it no secret that I am unable to grow a beard. I can't grow a mustache or a man bun either, but this post is about beards.

Beards are all the rage nowadays. Athletes have them, actors, when not needing them for a part, grow them like flowers in a flower bed. We can blame the Richardson men, or some other icon that's influenced modern society. But, really, what's the point? They are popular now and are here to stay, at least, for the foreseeable future.

I'm in no way anti-beard. I've always thought, when it comes to men's grooming trends, that if it were possible, I would most likely experiment with facial hair options. I think a goatee might look good on me. I can always imagine because that's pretty much all I can do--imagine.

I think having a beard would be cool. 

That is, until I go shopping at Costco.


Have you been to Costco lately? I don't know about all Costcos and this is definitely not a Costco-specific thing. But when I'm at my local Costco, they have several employees that prepare food, employees visible to the shopping public. And of those food-preparing employees, many of them have beards. And because they have beards, they are required to don beard nets.

I don't know about you, but there's just something about beard nets that look a little strange. I guess hair nets look weird, too, even though their concept and purpose are the same. Maybe wearing beard nets are cool--a type of status symbol among workers. Since they have awesome beards, they get to wear awesome beard covers. I don't know.

Yes, the facial hair revolution is alive and strong and I, like billions of women, watch the parade from the sidelines. On the bright side, if I ever work in food production, I'll save money on hair nets, mustache nets, and beard nets. That's a win-win-win right there.

No comments:

Post a Comment