Thursday, May 4, 2017

Beware...The Sign!


Earlier this week a co-worker put up this little sign.

It pretty much speaks for itself.

In the almost twenty years I've been with my employer, there were times I had access to United States federal tax information. Didn't get a brightly-colored sign, though. John is lucky.

When the sign first went up, I wondered why it was needed in the first place. I imagine many of you working for companies that handle sensitive data, you probably have to attend trainings to make sure you properly handle all that sensitive data. At my work we are required to take a bevy of trainings

every

single

year.

I'm sure my company wants their employees to be the best trained, most competent ever, but I'll bet all that training allows my work to get a deal on insurance and other protections that cost money. And, to be honest, having to endure the same trainings over and over again, year after year, is really a small price to pay for allowing me to keep my job.

So, since we all take training that basically tells us that if it's not our job or our information, butt out, do we need the sign? How effective is the bright sheet of paper with black san serif letting that's both large and larger, that's both bold and bolder anyway?

Well, if you notice, I was outside the cubicle when I snapped the picture, so I guess it works pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment