Monday, May 22, 2017

My Fyrecon Schedule--Something For Everyone...Well, Almost


In just a couple of weeks several will gather in Davis County for an event where creativity is key. It's called Fyrecon, and it's going to be great!

I feel honored, and a little bit humbled, to be one of the presenters. Now, since the schedule's been published online, I can let everyone know the classes I'll be teaching. So, if any of these strike your fancy, sign up and check out the con, my classes, everyone else's classes, and all the other fantastic stuff planned for our first-ever event.

The convention runs Thursday through Saturday, June 8 through 10. On Thursday the classes and panels run from 12:30pm to 5:30pm. Friday and Saturday, they run 9:30am to 7:30pm.

My schedule is:

Friday, 3:30-4:20pm, Building D3, Room 204

Heroes That Wheeze

Heroes mean different things in different eras. What possibly is the most interesting aspect of any hero is their weakness. In this class, we'll discuss what makes a hero and what can bring them down.

This is set for Teens, but anyone can attend.

Friday, 5:30-6:20pm, Building D3, Room 203

Creating Another Wizard That Isn't Another Gandalf, Dumbledore, Etc.

An in-depth discussion of the wonderful world of wizard, what they are/aren't, should/shouldn't be, and just how far can you go with the character?

Again, a teen class, but feel free to check it out.

Friday, 6:30-7:20pm, Building D3, Room 206

 Are Critique Groups Worth It?

Writing Critique Groups--some swear by them, others swear at them. But are they worth the work and effort it takes to create a successful, sustainable group? In this class we'll discuss what works, and what doesn't. And above all, will it make you a batter writer?

Friday will be a busy day for me, but I can't wait! Please let me know if you have any questions for me--I'll be glad to help out any way I can. Or, you can click: HERE to access the Fyrecon website directly. Writer, editor, or just someone who loves literature, consider attending. I'd love to see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment