Tuesday, May 30, 2017

My Friend Rex Is Selling Alfalfa...


I've known Rex Sorensen for over thirty years. And now the man is selling alfalfa. When I think back of when I first met Rex, imaging him selling alfalfa was something I would have had a difficult time imagining. Not that he's not capable--Rex is one of the most confident people I've ever met.

And, I suppose, I am having a little difficulty imaging him selling it now. I must admit that Rex and I haven't seen much of each other in the past thirty years--we've maybe spoken face-to-face less than five times since we both left the amazing country of Denmark where we first met. Since I haven't kept up with the doings of Rex, I guess growing, harvesting, and selling alfalfa is as noble an activity as anything else out there, probably more so considering what's required.

Now, if any of you are in the market for alfalfa, let me tell you about this particular crop (borrowing heavily on how he's described it because I know pretty much nothing about alfalfa...).

Per Rex: 

Premium 1 alfalfa. 3 string. Just baled yesterday (he posted this today on Facebook...). Lots of leaf and it flakes great. $9.75 per bale. We deliver or U pick up. Let me know.


Couple of things to try and help out my friend. I imagine Premium 1 alfalfa is good--usually things with a "1" attached are the best. 3 string = good, I guess. Recently baled = another plus. And great flaking must be superior to crappy flaking.

And finally, he delivers or U (thanks for the unintended U of U shout-out...) pick up. This alfalfa is in Gilbert, Arizona, so if you're in Gilbert or the sounding area and you need alfalfa, let me know and I'll hook you up with my friend Rex.

If you're not in his area, like me, I wonder just how far he'd deliver. I mean, I have absolutely no use for alfalfa (as far as I know...), but it would be great if he'd deliver some product the several hundred miles that separate the both of us. It would be great to hang out with him and even take him to dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment