Wednesday, June 29, 2022

When You Find A Radio Stations Entire Album Collection...At A Thrift Store


We don't visit the thrift stores as much as we would like (you may think that's incorrect by the number of thrift store posts I write...). Where we used to live, I tried to visit the local thrift store at least a couple of times a month. I noticed several people who were there every time I was. I concluded they must visit the store every day.

And, if you're thrift store shopping, that's a good strategy. Because if you go every day, you won't miss out on some of those gems that come along every once in a while.

Since we don't go every day, we occasionally find one or two of those gems. A few months ago, we came across something I thought was amazing. In the back of the Logan Deseret Industries, sitting on a cart were box after box of classic albums and 45s. Apparently, it was the inventory of a radio station, I can't think it being anything else.

If I had time, I would have search each box, trying to find some of those classic records from stars long since gone. I looked through a couple of boxes and ended up buying four Bing Crosby Christmas albums, a Nat King Cole, and one from the Four Knights because I recognized, Walkin' on Sunshine.

I doubt the records are worth anything. Maybe the "Non-Distribution" status might make them more valuable, but considering in the 1950s and 1960s, thousands of those records were produced and distributed to stations across the country and world. No, I chose them because I remember putting on Christmas LPs on my dad's HiFi as a kid.

No, I probably left a few gems in the boxes, gems found by others who did some searching through the many many boxes. It's okay. I found some good ones.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment