Friday, September 9, 2022

Art...For The Office Walls


 At our first house, we planned on living there forever. And because of that, whenever we wanted to make modifications to the house, i.e., hang pictures, we put nails and screws in the walls wherever we wanted. We didn't care--why should we? We were going to be there a long time.

Turns out, things don't always work out like you think they would.

That being said, we have been gun-shy about putting in any nails or screws into the walls of our fairly new home. Maybe it's because it took us so long to take out the nails and screws at the old house and fill in the holes. However, as time goes on, we're getting more brave when it comes to hanging art.

Case in point, my office. 

Last week, I came across a picture at a yard sale that I liked. It reminded me of Copenhagen, but I'm sure it's Amsterdam. No worries--the memories it brings back are why I bought it. I hung it in a spot that seems as if it were made for just such a painting.

At the very first yard sale we visited, we bought a clock. We needed one for the basement. The problem was, the second hand kept stopping because of the minute hand. A clock that doesn't keep time isn't worth much. I decided I wanted a clock on my office wall so I dug up the old clock and took off the cover to see if I could adjust the minute and second hands. 

Then, I got an idea.

I printed a photo of my kids and our family dog and stuck it inside the clock. When I put in a battery, the hands no longer prevented the passage of time--success!

It's only a couple of things. I may get more brave in the future and add more art. Glad we're taking that next step.

No comments:

Post a Comment