Saturday, May 4, 2024

It's Almost As If...They're Spying On Us


 I know it's impossible. I know it's just mass marketing, junk mail, random stuff, and I also know that the grass is (literally...) not always greener on the other side of the fence/street/property marker.

Still...

It made me think.

Do they actually drive up and down neighborhoods and find lawns that aren't as green or healthy than their neighbor's lawns and drop off their marketing mail to only those homes with lesser lawns?

See...I know they don't do this--they can't do this--but, sometime I wonder.

We live in a new neighborhood. I'm surrounded by "Keepers of the Green" as I like to call them. How does one become a Keeper of the Green? You put a lot of effort, or a lot of money (or both...) into your lawns. My neighbors have incredible lawns. They're green, they're luscious, they're well taken care of. The neighbors in question all use the same landscaping service. We do not. We're at a disadvantage right there. 

Also, because of how our house sits on the lot, we made a conscience decision to limit the amount of grass in our front yard. I'm glad it's small. Less water, less mowing. Plus, we can't really use our front lawn to play or do much of anything.

I got the junk mail notice--one of several I've gotten this spring. I looked at my lawn. I looked at my neighbor's lawn. To be honest, our front lawn isn't that bad this spring. It's looks pretty good...much better than it did last year.

And, in reality, I shouldn't be so worried about what my neighbors think of my front lawn anyway. It's looks good. It's green, maybe not as green as others, but it's green and relatively weed-free. After all, it's not easy being green.

I don't think anyone's spying on us. No, it's cheaper to send everyone a small little card in the mail than to target individual homes where the owners may not think their lawns measure up to their neighbors's lawns.

I mean, how silly would that be?

The answer...pretty silly.

No comments:

Post a Comment