Tuesday, May 28, 2024

Food For Thought...


 A few weeks ago I traveled to a little town in Central Utah for a ballroom dance recital. Because of when the event started, we did not get to have lunch before the event, so needless to say, when it was over around 4pm, I was starved.

Thankfully, a burger joint was right across the street.

As we waited for our order to be taken, I noticed a bulletin board with several thoughts attached to it. The caption atop the board said: Food for Thought...

Appropriate.

Also, since this was a small town, the thoughts on the board reflect many of the feelings and opinions you can find in a small town, namely, patriotic. I don't get out of the state much. I wonder what kind of "thoughts" would be on a bulletin board at a burger joint in New York City, or Ft Lauderdale, or Fairbanks. I think the fewer the people, the more you'll see the same type of clippings I saw.

Then again, I know I'm stereotyping. Not everyone's the same no matter where they live.

I should say the food was delicious. I can't say for sure if it was because we were hungry, or if the small town atmosphere had something to do with it.

I'd definitely eat there again.

No comments:

Post a Comment