Tuesday, May 21, 2024

This Year's Writing Cantina Conference Will Have Some Amazing Panelists...And I'll Be There, Too


In little over a month, I'm going to do something I haven't done in a long time...

Be a panelist at a writing conference.

I've missed it.

Back in 2013 I started my panelist journey, and when I look back on it, it's still hard to believe. In a matter of months, I went from never having participated on a panel, to being part of the state's largest conferences and conventions. 

It was a rush!

I was sitting with best-selling authors, artists, filmmakers. I had a blast and made several life-long friends. Over the next couple of years I was able to remain on panels, but then something happened...I sort of stopped getting asked, and I didn't want to be one of those "needy" authors basically begging to participate. If anyone's to blame, it would be me. I stopped producing, stopped creating content. And when you do that as a writer, you sort of run out of things to sell...ah, I mean, say.

Last month, I re-committed myself to the craft, and I've gotten a lot done since then. This year's Writers Cantina writing conference takes place June 28-29 in West Valley City, Utah. I will be on a screenwriting panel with Blake Casselman, a good friend who I credit with helping me become a panelist way back when.

If you'd like information on the event, click: HERE for details. I'd love to see you there. I can't wait to just back in.

No comments:

Post a Comment