Tuesday, May 7, 2024

I Mean, It Was Nice...Just Didn't Need It


 We did a little garage cleaning today. One item we found was a Rågrund from Ikea. I remember finding this at a garage sale and thought it was cool. I also thought it would work for a plant stand in our front room. We bought it, brought it home and put the plant on it.

It worked.

We used the chair/shelf thing for a couple of years. It was not ideal...we needed the stand to be taller. Fortunately, we found a plant stand that worked even better. Which begged the question, "What do we do with the Rågrund?"

We ended up taking to a thrift store.


I did a quick internet search. The Rågrund retails at Ikea for $69.99. It's described as a chair with a towel rack. If we needed a chair with a towel rack, we'd have kept it. It's the kind of thing that would work well in other parts of the world. When I lived in Scandinavia, I can see it in a bathroom or just outside a bathroom. Plus, it's made of bamboo which is great for humid areas...

Where we don't live.

I hope someone sees it at the thrift store and falls in love with it. I hope they have the perfect place for it in their home and it can be used as it was intended.

Too bad we didn't need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment