Friday, May 24, 2024

Our Old House...Gone Goth


 Even though we moved almost four years ago, I find myself in my old home town many times throughout the year. We still go to our dentist, and my side gig in the fall is at the amusement park. One thing I don't do every time I return is drive down the old dead end road to where I used to live. 

Of course, you'd expect changes--nothing stays the same forever, but I didn't expect the one change that greeted me when I saw the home we built over twenty years ago...

Our old house gone goth.

Don't get me wrong--I love the bold choice, and maybe to you, painting the house completely black is not bold. When we designed the house, it took us a while to decide what colors we wanted to paint the outside We settled on a nice green...it seemed to go with the surroundings. Then, before we left, we paid good money to paint the entire house a deeper shade of green. Personally, I loved it. The house looked great.

So, when we rounded the corner and saw the house newly painted again, I thought they really wanted a black house because they didn't need to re-paint the thing.

I'm sure there's more changes inside--there must be, some we'd love, some...not so much. Still, it's their house and it reflects their personality.

Everything changes. Our little house at the end of the street (no longer ours...) exists no more.

But, that's the way it's supposed to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment