Wednesday, May 22, 2024

Hockey, Or Music...? That Is The Question


 There's a building in downtown Salt Lake City that may not exist in the near future. Many of my friends cannot even consider the fact that anyone would want the building gone, but it's an option. You see, professional hockey is coming to town so that means changes.

I don't think anyone would believe those changes would go that far.

I have perhaps a unique perspective on the issue. You see, the two buildings at odds are the Abravanel Hall where the Utah Symphony performs, and the Delta Center, where the as-of-yet-named pro hockey team will play. In order to lure the team to Salt Lake City, changes in downtown need to be made, which means the symphony hall might have to go.

Why is my perspective unique?

Because I've performed at Abravanel Hall, and I've worked in the Delta Center. No, I was not a professional symphony member, nor did I play professional basketball, but I did sing with the symphony on several occasions and I did work with the Utah Jazz Dancers during the first two years of their existence. 

What's my opinion? I don't have all the facts. Apparently, the symphony hall needs major renovations--in other words, money. And the hockey establishment needs accommodations--in other words, money. I have many friends on social media, many from my performing days, and many sports enthusiasts. They have different views on what should happen...big time.

I have no idea what's going to happen. My hope they can both get what they need/want. However, whatever happens, a lot of money will need to be involved. 

Hockey or music? Time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment