Sunday, May 26, 2024

Give Thanks...Beautiful Views


 I found this picture of an office view. It reminded me of the time I had some awesome views while I worked in downtown Salt Lake City. The first time was back in the lat 1980s when I worked as an audio engineer for a software language learning company for Apple computers.

Great views.

I took a few jobs here and there until I found myself working again downtown...one block south of my previous job. I worked on the third and fourth floors, being moved from cubicle to cubicle over the years. A few times I got to sit with incredible views of the eastern mountains and the University of Utah. I think those were my favorite.

For as long as there have been buildings, there have been windows, and by windows I mean, holes in the walls. I believe humans need to see out, to see beyond the structure to the world outside, and if we all lived in a tropical paradise and didn't need structures around us for protection (even though, there's no truly safe place on the planet...), we'd be able to be outside all day, all night.

The next best thing is to look out a window on a beautiful view.

I'm thankful for where I've worked. I' thankful for those wonderful views. Today, after working full time for close to forty years, I work at home, in a small bedroom-turned-office. I have a widow that looks east toward an amazing mountain range and our nectarine tree. Of course in my home, one window does not a complete picture make. I also get awesome views when I take a few steps from the office and see my home and family.

The best views of all.

No comments:

Post a Comment